Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Packing Up

All good (and challenging) things come to an end. On the eve of my departure, I have boxed my bike at the Breakwater Lodge and readied my bag for the two long flights to Toronto through Istanbul. Using a multi-tool and wrench to fit my vehicle into the cardboard carton, the finality of the adventure is upon me. The next time I hop on the two-wheeler, it will be in the familiar surrounds of my hometown.


Anyone who derives pleasure from the act of peddling can appreciate the following sentiment, written on a tee shirt given to me by our daughter Michelle. It sums up the way many of us feel - except for those who eschew caffeine.



1 comment:

  1. Cameron, great final post! Well done and congratulations. Look forward to seeing you at home. DKM

    ReplyDelete